The following brands of diabetic meter and testing supplies are covered with $0 copay to our members:
For all other brands, our members are responsible for 20% of the total cost.
- The process:
- Prescriber writes prescription for meter, strips, etc. and indicates which brand to use
- The prescription is either brought to the pharmacy by the member or it is called/e-scribed directly to the pharmacy
- The prescription(s) can usually be processed and dispensed to the member without any intervention by the QHPNY pharmacy department.
- Where to obtain diabetic testing supplies:
- Most (if not all) retail pharmacies carry diabetic testing supplies.
- The larger retail chain pharmacies may carry larger selections of brands and supplies.
- ONE TOUCH and ACCU-CHEK are the most popular brands and can be found in practically any retail pharmacy, including the major chains (i.e., Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart pharmacies).
- Covered diabetic testing supplies include*:
- Blood sugar (glucose) test strips
- Blood sugar testing monitors
- Lancet devices and lancets*These are covered at $0 copay for ONE TOUCH and ACCU-CHEK brands.
*****This is a sample list, please refer to the Formulary on the website, click HERE for complete list and additional details****